Linda at South Korea: Sim Card or Portable Wifi? Buy here in Malaysia or buy from Korea?

So.. well to tell you the truth, this is the 4th times I went to Korea..:D, the first one, well, I rent a portable wifi/ egg wifi from Korea and I booked in advance, so right after I landed at Incheon Airport, I could get the wifi and used it straight away. That was in 2015. Then for 2016 and 2017, I used sim card from Seoul, because when I used that portable wifi, that thing consumed battery, am not a fan to bring power bank around, and I have to charge my phone and that wifi because I am such a heavy user, uploaded and posted every picture I have..:D.

I have done my research and I find that Neokosim was affordable (2 years ago), I can get it delivered to the airport and Neokosim was easy to use, user friendly. If you are interested with Neokosim, please visit HERE.

This year, 2019, I went to Busan and Seoul from 25/10/2019 to 31/10/2019. I discovered that Hello 1010 has this fantastic offer for Korea. Well, actually I have tried this sim card when I went to the USA and it worked super fine. I could get coverage even though I was at the Ellis Island and the Statue of Liberty.

I was at Busan Gimhae airport and a price for one sim card from KT, a 5 days 5G data sim card will cost KRW28700, that is MYR100 roughly, depends on the exchange rate. I bought Hello 1010 sim card for RM60, including postage, and I get a discount code after purchase so I can use it later when I am going to travel again, and if you buy more (I bought 3 for all of us), I got more discount for the price of 3 sim card. How convinient...

This is the Hello 1010 sim card package.When I ordered it online, I received it in no time, super fast delivery. It was a 8-day sim card with 6G of data and HKD40 credit for you to call anyone you want, local or oversea. The package comes with that small pin, that ejector tool, so I can put in the sim card easily.
WARNING! Please don't insert the sim card in your phone because it will get activated right away and expiry date is from the day of activation..

The instruction to activate the sim card is given clearly and I have no difficulty to use it, just plug and play, literally, I use iPhone hence I don't have to set the APN and all, but no worries, the android setting is given so just go with the flow...





This is the instruction how to check the balance. Well, I used a lot of data while I was in Busan and Seoul and yes I did make a phone call from Seoul, it was a local call, however, when I left Seoul on Day 6 of our journey, I still have a lot of data and pretty much the HKD40 of credit to make call.

It was easy to make a call, just follow these instructions (well, I just dialed the country code and the phone number and that's it).
Basically, I was super satisfied with the user friendly and lots of data and affordable price for this sim card. 
Further reading can be found here on Hello1010 website. They have lots of sim card for almost every country on this earth..:D. Therefore I highly recommend this service.



So, happy travel everyone, I did... and grab this sim card while you still have the chance..:D. Please ask me anything, I will do my best to answer them....



Comments

Popular Posts